Glutamine is stored in skeletal muscle along with other sites in the body including the intestine,
brain and lung. Not much is written about its use in sports medicine and the idea of Glutamine
as a muscle repair agent is not well studied, but is used regardless
* Glutamine is used to counter some of the side effects of medical treatments. For
example, it is used for side effects of cancer chemotherapy including diarrhea, pain
and swelling inside the mouth (mucositis), nerve pain (neuropathy), and muscle and
joint pains caused by the cancer drug Taxol.
* Glutamine is also used to protect the immune system and digestive system in
people undergoing radio/chemotherapy for cancer of the esophagus..
* Additionally, glutamine is used for improving recovery after bone marrow
transplant or bowel surgery, increasing well-being in people who have suffered
traumatic injuries, and preventing infections in critically ill people. After surgery or
traumatic injury, nitrogen is necessary to repair the wounds and keep the vital organs
functioning. About one third of this nitrogen comes from glutamine.
* Some people use glutamine for digestive system conditions such as stomach ulcers,
ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease. It is also used for depression, moodiness,
irritability, anxiety, insomnia (not as much evidence)
* People who have HIV can use glutamine to prevent weight loss (HIV wasting) This
is because the body uses more glutamine than it can replace where there are muscle
wasting diseases present
* Glutamine is also used for attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a urinary
condition called cystinuria, sickle cell anemia, and for alcohol withdrawal support.
Health Wise L-Glutamine 300 grm
natural Amino Acids however we recommend prescription advise from our Health Professionals